Friday, July 25, 2008

Gardening tips


The other night, Mami went out to plant some flowers that Abuela brought her over the weekend. She had a whole bunch of roses and carnations and columbine to plant.
I'm pretty into gardening lately, so I decided to help out. So while Mami was digging with the big shovel, I jumped in the hole and started working on it too. But then Mami made me get out because I was blocking the shovel. I waited until Mami had stuck the rose in the big hole, and then I grabbed the branches and pulled it back out. I didn't think she had it at a very good angle. I wanted it flat so I could sniff them better.
But that wasn't Mami's plan. She took the roses away from me and stuck the bush back in the ground and then planted it. The dirt smelled really good and soft, so when she was done, I jumped in and started digging in it so I could feel the dirt on my paws. That's when I got dragged out of the garden.

No comments: