Friday, May 19, 2006

Lulu speaks


Hello all, Lulu here. Just giving you an update on the kitten front.
I don't actually know much about what's going on upstairs these days. It's been so hot, I've been spending all my time down on the futon, keeping out of the heat. I usually go upstairs at about 9 p.m., for snacks and scratches, when the air begins to cool off.
I'm even too hot to chase Emma off when she comes bouncing at me. I try to cool off by rolling back and forth on the wood floor in the hallway, and there's always this bouncy growly little beast trying to bite my tail or my ears. If I ignore her, she usually gets bored and goes away, but it's still annoying.
The other morning, I forgot myself and brought my favorite purple fur mouse upstairs and left it in the hall while I had breakfast. By the time I finished, Emma had ripped the mouse into 100 pieces and threw sawdust guts all over the floor. I was pretty upset, but it was my fault, leaving it where she could find it. I'll know better next time.
I'm hoping she goes up to Portland soon to visit Grandma, so I can have some peace.

No comments: