Monday, May 22, 2006

Red cat's demise


My favorite stuffed toy is a big flannel cat that my abuela Flora gave me, named Red Cat. We have a love/hate relationship, Red Cat and I. We roll and wrestle and play and bounce, but sometimes, I shake him and bite him and throw him to the ground, and I love throwing him in the bathtub when Mami's taking a bath.
Well, last night, Mami was taking a nap and Papi was reading a book in the living room, and I had enough of Red Cat. He'd been saying some pretty snappy things to me, so I just pounced on him. That's when I heard the stitches at the back of his neck rip. As soon as I heard that, I grabbed hold and pulled, and stuffing started coming out. Well, as you can imagine, I got so excited that I just kept pulling and pulling and pulling.
But then finally I got bored and wandered off, and I didn't remember until Mami woke up, walked into the hallway and screamed. Then I saw what she saw, a decapitated Red Cat with his fluffy guts all over the floor.
Papi thought it was pretty funny, but Mami didn't. She gathered up all his stuffing and put it back in, and then she put him in the animal hospital in the closet, where Pink Elephant and Bear are waiting to be stitched back up. I wish she'd hurry up and fix them. I have more playing to do.

No comments: