Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dia de los Muertos

Hello everyone! Today is the beginning of the Day of the Dead celebration, which is something that began with the Aztecs and still goes on today in Mexico. As a half-chihuahua (sacred dog of the Aztecs) I feel the need to honor the celebration in my own way.
Luckily for me, I have never had anyone in my life pass on, but I do know that I am the latest in a line of beloved animals that have graced the life of Mami and Papi, like Alice the Australian shephard and Hank the Daschund and China the Chihuahua.
Today, Papi is helping to organize a special ceremony at school with a bunch of volunteers. They're all going to be reading the names of American soldiers and Iraqi civilians who have been killed in the last three years.
We all honor those who pass to the next life in different ways. Now is a good time to do so.

1 comment:

La Cyberguerrera said...

Buenos Diaz,

Emi Zapata here!! For those who don't know I'm Emma's and Lulu's prima from osten, tejas. My mamis dressed me up as a fierce black panther...grrr - for Halloween! I had good reason to be fierce because I had to stay in the house all day long. My mami's worry that a blood thirsty satanic cult will steal me on Halloween and subject me to animal sacrifice because I'm a black cat.

Yes, they are a little crazy because they forget I'm a stealth puss...yes I refer to myself as a puss but don't let the name fool you. Catch me on a bad day and I'll scratch your eyes out. Maybe not scratch your eyes out, but I might scratch up your favorite pair of shoes.

Mamis tell me that I'm a special puss because I face similar social discrimination like them. Black pusses are not the most popular fury people and well my mami's are a couple of brown mezzicans and yes don't forget I have two mamis...need I say more. Well buy for now, and I hope that my familia en portland had a wonderful Hallowen.

Muchos bezos y fuerte abrazos,

tu prima Emi