Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Toe troubles


I have very fancy black toenails that match the rest of me, but sometimes they grow too long and its time to get a pedicure. I won't let Mami or Papi do it, because it makes me very nervous, so when they try, I bite reeeeal hard and scream and put on quite a show. So Mami takes me to the groomer's at the pet store. Usually this works pretty well, because the ladies at the pet store are really fast and efficient and it's over before I know it.
Well, this weekend when Mami took me in, there was this guy working there I'd never seen before and he was the one who did my toes. He took forever and he had me hooked up to this big steel rod thing, which I'd never done before, and the worst part was, on the back foot he took off too much nail and it hurt a LOT.
By the time Mami got me back, she was p-o'd with him and so was I but I was also mad at her for taking me there in the first place. So when she went to pay for the job and to buy some litter for Lulu, I waited for my opportunity, and when she put me down on the ground to get her purse out I took off! There was a lady leaving through the big moving doors so I went with her! I almost made it to the parking lot before Mami jumped me. She was pretty mad and scared. I got held really tight after that. She told me I'm never leaving the house without my harness again. Pooh.

No comments: