Friday, November 23, 2007

Post-Thanksgiving siestas


Well, today was our family Thanksgiving because yesterday Mami had to work, so Mami's parents and my abuelita came to visit us today. The morning was very busy, because Mami and Papi were running around cooking things, and I tried to help, but they didn't drop much on the floor, which was disappointing. Finally everyone arrived and we all sat down to a big feast of turkey and mole and potatoes and calabacitas. I got a little turkey at the end, and then afterward I got a big juicy bone.
Abuelita wanted a walk so after we had cheesecake she and Mami took me around the neighborhood. It was so nice and crunchy out, with lots of leaves and blue sky and things to sniff.
Then we came home and everybody left but us, and we all took a really long nap, before another round of turkey. This time, I got a shortbread cookie for dessert, and then I passed out on the couch with Lulu. I hope there are more leftovers tomorrow.

No comments: