Sunday, November 25, 2007

Projects


Yesterday Lulu and I spent all day in the guest room, helping Mami make a baby quilt for Tia Becky, who is going to have a little one very soon. Mami has never made a quilt before but she used to watch Abuela make them all the time, and she has lots and lots of fabric, so she decided to try it out. It was so much fun to jump on the bed and roll around with all the quilt squares, even though Mami yelled at me. Then Lulu lay on top of the fabric and I had a sneezing fit and got things all wet, and Mami chased us out of the room, but we came right back.
Lulu's favorite part was the cotton batting, which is fluffy like clouds and she likes to curl up in it. I liked pulled the fabric off Mami's lap while she was using the sewing machine. She said it took twice as long to make the quilt because of us. I don't see why. Anyway, she finished it and it looks really good. It has animals on it like bear and deer, and it's pretty navy blue and cranberry. And I think it has some cat hair on it too, which makes it extra special. It's Mami's first quilt and everybody helped.

No comments: