Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Do not disturb



After a long day of barking out the window, chasing my stuffed football, and snacking, I'm usually ready to settle down about 8 p.m. and take a long, long nap. All it usually takes is a warm lap, or even a polar fleece blanket, and I settle in for a few hours before bed.
Lulu does the same, usually on the arm of the couch or occasionally, if there's room, one of the cushions. Sometimes she tries to shove onto Mami's lap, but I don't let her. I will allow her one paw, maybe, but not her whole big furry self.
Then, if we're not disturbed, we can usually sleep til 11 p.m., when it's time to really go to bed. We leave Papi out in the living room and head into the bedroom, and I'm usually asleep in my bed about five minutes after the baby gate goes up. It's a good life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,
I love reading all about your choodle antics - I too am a choodle and have never met another to play with... unfortunately I am all the way in Brighton in the UK, so too far for us to share peach crepes. Enjoy your snoozing - I have chosen the best spot on the sofa and am making my mummy's legs fall asleep because she doesn't want to disturb me!
Lots of love,
Champski
xxxx

Theresa said...

Greetings Champski!
Cheers for the great comment. I have heard of Brighton before, because my Mami really loves Pride and Prejudice, and occasionally, when I'm acting really spoiled, she and Papi compare me unfavorably with Lydia, who always wants to go to Brighton.
I'm very happy to make your acquiantance! My Mami has relatives in a different part of England and used to live in north London, and is pleased that I now know someone in the UK! Ta for now!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my mummy likes Jane Austen too! She asked me if you're named after Emma Woodhouse, but I've no idea who that is. I don't understand humans with their books - my mummy will choose one and then sit and stare at it... i've no idea why she doesn't give the pages a chew, they taste rather nice when they're old and musty...
Glad you're feeling better. I was starting to worry it was like that time I ate something bright yellow from the ground. It tasted good, but I shall never eat anything that glows in the dark ever again...
Lots of love,
Champski
xxx

Theresa said...

Hello again Champski!
Well, Mami claims I'm named after Emma Woodhouse, and Papi claims I'm named after Emma Goldman the American philosopher and writer, but actually, I was named before I was adopted by them, and they liked my name so much they didn't change it. So it suits everyone! Actually, now that you bring it up, when I was very young, I actually ate most of the cover off of the book "Emma" when Mami left a copy by the bed. I got in big trouble!