Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More pie!



Last night Mami went to visit Tia Lani's house to pick blackberries from her back yard. There is a whole wall of blackberry vines on the other side of her fence, and so Mami filled up a big plastic bucket with berries. Tia helped her. She says blackberries are a lot messier than blueberries to pick because they are squishy and stainy, and also, she got covered in itty bitty scratches, and got a thorn in her toe 'cause she was wearing flip flops. But then she came home and made a big pie, which you can see here is ready to go into the oven. This morning, I heard her having pie for breakfast so I hopped out of bed and came into the kitchen to let her know I'd like some too. She put pie juice in my kibble bowl and I ate the whole thing right up. Yummmy!

No comments: