Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bad trip


Well, I finally did it. I ate something that wasn't edible, and this time I got sick.
As usual, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Mami was out weeding the backyard and I was playing ball with Papi, when I spotted a succulent looking shelf mushroom growing out of the side of a piece of wood. Since no one was paying attention, I scooted myself over to the mushroom and ate a big piece before anyone noticed, but then Mami saw me and chased me off.
Everything seemed fine until about an hour later, when I started to feel kinda funky. Real funky. I threw up about three times, and then Mami called the vet. They told her to take me in right away, so I got put into my carrier and they took me to the vet. That's me sitting in the waiting room.
I got poked and prodded and squeezed, but they finally decided I wasn't poisoned, just sickish, and I got sent back home to go to bed. Mami wouldn't let me back outside and she wouldn't take me for a walk til I felt better. I told her I felt fine but she didn't believe me.
Next time, I'm going to stay away from mushrooms. They're tasty, but I don't care for what happens afterward.

No comments: