Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A three day weekend



Nothing's nicer than lots of time out in the yard, and on Saturday I got to sun myself quite a bit while Mami put in her vegetable garden. She made me stay inside when she hauled gravel from the borrowed pickup truck out into the big garden spot, because she didn't want me under foot, but once she and Papi unloaded the whiskey barrel planters, I got to go out and watch her fill up the barrels with soil and plant a bunch of yummy smelling vegetable starts. It's really nice to walk around on the warm gravel and smell the barrels.
On Sunday, Mami had to drive really far away to Southern Oregon because my Tia Veronica was in the hospital and had to have surgery, but she's okay now, and Mami came home late Sunday night. On Monday, she and I did lots of digging and weeding and then we lay in the sunshine and got tans. Well, you can't tell on me cause of all the fur, but it sure felt nice.

No comments: