Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bites and pieces


Being small has its advantages. For instance, I am lap sized, and therefore can sneak up and put myself in someone's lap very stealthy-like, and settle down and nap before they even notice me.
It's also handy for escaping tricky situations, say I'm getting yelled at for not quite getting into my litter box. I can fit nicely under the coffee table and hide.
It also allows me to escape the clutches of Lulu because I can be little and slippery when I need to be.
And sometimes, like last night, I get special small treats, like mini-pancakes, which are just my size.
But being small can also be rough, especially when I'm too small to jump on the bed without help, and I can't jump up and kiss faces when people are standing up. Also, I'm very portable, so I get picked up a lot without giving anyone permission to scoop me into the air. This is especially bad when I'm barking at something outside and I get grabbed and held up so that I can't bark anymore. That makes me pretty frustrated.
But what's worse than that is when Mami picks up Lulu and holds her instead. I HATE that. That cat is spoiled and I'm not afraid to say it. Well, at least not while she's safely in Mami's arms and not on the ground where she can get me.

No comments: