Thursday, July 12, 2007

Givin ya the eye


Begging is not something I'm really allowed to do, especially at the dinner table, and especially when guests are over. For example, my Auntie Jen was over having enchiladas last night, and I could tell Mami would not be happy if I stood on the chair with my paws and begged, so I had to sit and stay very very still. That is the hardest thing ever, and I get very trembly, but I found if I make eyes at people, they usually know what I want and slip me some snacks on the sly.
I do this on the couch at night too, when Mami and Papi are sitting together eating something nice like popcorn or sorbet. I know exactly how far to cock my head, and how much to wiggle my ears, but the eyes are the most important thing. That way I can emphasize exactly how hungry I am, and I am always very hungry.
Sometimes it's too much and I bark, but then I get sent off into the corner, so I try not to let it overcome me, or I blow the whole deal.

No comments: