Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ritual


Every week day morning, after Mami makes her oatmeal and tea, we have a special ritual we go through. She sits down on the couch, I sit on her lap and Lulu sits by her side, and we watch part of an episode of "Charmed" on television while we have breakfast. I look forward to it every day. I don't actually get to eat any of the oatmeal, but I get to sniff it while I'm in Mami's lap. Lulu watches television and doesn't pay attention to the oatmeal, unless there's butter, which she really likes. Afterward, she puts me in bed with Papi and leaves for work, and Lulu goes to sleep on the guestroom bed.
For the next couple of days, I won't get to do the ritual, because Mami has to go to Portland to help move my Abuela into the retirement place. I don't get to go with her because she has a lot of packing and moving to do, and I'm kind of a distraction. Plus I take up a lot of room in the car, with my bed and toys, which she needs to load boxes. So I guess I won't get to go see the new place for a few days. It also means I won't be doing any more blogging until next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

theniEmma! you are so cute! so glad to find another choodle with blog. come visit my blog.

doctor-dre.blogspot.com