Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tricks


So I'm now almost 1 1/2 years old, and I'm finally getting the hang of a few tricks. Well, they're not really tricks so much as things I do well, that makes Mami happy. For instance, I'm a very good sitter. I sit super well, and for a long time, and I will do it whenever I'm asked, even if I'm really excited about catching a ball or a treat or something.

I am working on stay. Sometimes I stay, othertimes not so much. I will wait though, until Mami says "Okay" before I eat my cookie. And when Papi says "Hold up" when we're walking, I'll stop and wait at the corner instead of walking into the street.

I do not lay down. Nothing Mami can do will make me lay down. Even if she puts a treat on the floor, I won't do it. I maybe will steal the treat, but I won't lie down for it. Of course, if I steal the treat, Mami fishes it out of my mouth again, but still, I tried.

One of my really good tricks is that when I bark at something, Mami goes "Tssst" at me and I stop. If I'm stinky and want to go back and bark again, Mami says "Go to bed," and I go lay down.

My weirdest trick is giving leg. When Papi holds out his hand and says "Give me leg," I will give him my back foot. It's pretty cool. No one's sure where I learned that, but I do it every time.

Also, I know the names of all my toys, and I can pick them out when you ask me for a specific one.

Those are all the tricks I can think of right now. If I learn something new, you'll be the first to know!

No comments: