Monday, June 11, 2007

Graduation time


Around here, the world is full of people in big robes and funny flat hats, getting ready for something important. Mami keeps having to go to all these schools and ask the funny-hatted people about what they're going to do next in life, after they get special pieces of rolled up paper and throw their hats in the air.
I think that sounds really exciting, especially the throwing part. I want to go to a graduation and chase some hats. But Mami says no. Papi has his own fancy robe and special hat, and something colorful that hangs down the back like a dog hammock but Mami said I can't ride in it cause I'd fall out. He's going to be a "marshall" at the big college graduation Sunday. I thought a marshall was one of those police men in the movies, but this time it's something different.
If I were to give my own personal choodle advice to graduates, I would advise this: Take lots of naps. There's no such thing as too much sleep, and I hear it makes you more beautiful. Even though naps do something funny to my hair sometimes. If you can, take naps with the people you love, the cuddly ones, that is. And preferably the non-stinky ones.

No comments: