Thursday, February 16, 2006

Big sister



This is my big sister Lulu. She's 5-years-old, and Papi adopted her from the Humane Society, where there are lots of other good cats like her looking for homes. She told me that when she was a kitten, she lived in an apartment with 10 other cats, but her parents eventually gave her to the shelter.

She had to stay in a little cage for eight months, until one day Papi came and found her. She gave him a big hug with her paws, and he decided to take her home. Papi loves black cats, he says they're the most special of all, and at the Shelter, they say black cats are the hardest to get adopted, because people are scared of them. That's silly.

Lulu didn't care for me very much at first, in fact, she kind of walloped me in the head when we met, but now that I'm big enough to fight back, we play all the time. My favorite game is "Dragon Paw." She gets on one side of the door and I get on the other, and she sticks her paw underneath and waves it at me, and I try to jump on it without getting her claws stuck in my pads. It's scary, but it's super fun.

Sometimes, when no one's looking, she grooms my fur. But I'm not supposed to tell anyone that.

No comments: