Friday, February 24, 2006

Ice dancing


Last night, as I lay across Mami's lap and watched women's ice skating finals on television, I started to drift off just as a Finnish woman began spinning around, and I had the strangest dream.
I was standing in the middle of a big ice rink, wearing this gauzy skirt in red, white and green, and I had a big red rose behind my ear. Then, I heard the announcer say "Representing Mexico is 7-month-old Emma Xochiquetzal!" and then everyone began to clap.
All of a sudden, I heard Chavela Vargas singing, and I began to skate across the ice to "La Llorona." I was gliding and spinning and then I leapt into the air and did a triple axle, and just as I was landing, I woke up, and Papi was shouting about how Irina Slutskaya had been robbed. I thought maybe someone took her ice skates but I was too sleepy to check.

No comments: