Monday, February 27, 2006

The importance of getting tutored


Last month, Mami took me in for a very important visit to the vet's office. I don't care for the vet very much, although I really really like his assistants. They pet me and cuddle me and call me baby names, kind of like Mami, only there are more of them.
Anyway, the reason I went to the vet was because I had just turned six months old, so it was time to get me fixed.
At first, I thought that meant I was broken, but now I know it means that I won't ever have puppies. That's fine with me, I mean, I'm still a puppy myself. But I'm also an accident. My biological mami, a chihuahua, and my real papi, a toy poodle, fell in love, and mami had me and my brother and sister. But her owners didn't want us, so they gave us all away. If it wasn't for my new Mami and Papi, I could have ended up in a shelter in Albuquerque.
There are lots and lots of unwanted puppies and kitties born every year, and lots of those babies are destroyed because they never find nice new parents. The best way to keep that from happening is to fix your animals as soon as they're old enough, because accidents do happen, and I'm proof!
Anyway, this is a picture of me in the collar of shame, which kept me from licking my stitches. It didn't take long at all for me to heal up nicely, and now you can't even see a mark on my pink belly.

No comments: