Monday, February 20, 2006

Lazy weekend


Well, as you can see, I spent most of the weekend on the couch with Lulu. It was way too cold to do anything but shiver on Saturday, and finally Mami put a sweatshirt on me and cranked up the heat. When it gets that cold, I just want to nap and snuggle. But Sunday, the sun was so bright I just had to get outside, so I bundled up and we went for a three mile walk.
The smells are so much sharper when it's cold out, you can smell the daffodils pushing out of the ground, and the forsythia starting to bloom, and the air is very sweet. We walked all the way to an old pioneer cemetery where the graves all have carvings of angels and lambs and clasped hands. Mami carried me through the gravestones so I wouldn't have an accident, but it was nice and warm next to her so I didn't mind.
Then we went home and I had a nice long nap. Weekends are my favorite.

No comments: