Monday, August 27, 2007

Farmers Market fun


For once, Mami was able to get Papi up early on Saturday morning, that is, before noon, and we all trundled off to the Farmer's Market on the riverfront downtown. We met up with our friend Jennifer and Doris while we were there, and I got to see all sorts of neat things, like big stands full of vegetables and flowers, and street musicians playing fiddle music, and there were so many dogs you wouldn't believe it. We even met a pink poodle who was really snarfy, and a baby white chihuahua who was only 10 weeks old.
They have these really big cinnamon rolls there, and Mami and Papi split one, but Mami got overenthusiastic when she was eating, and a raisin flew off and landed in Papi's coffee. It was kinda funny.
Mami and Papi ordered big breakfast burritos from some people who came from Albuquerque, and they were filled with green chiles and cheese and potatoes and eggs and the tortillas were fresh. Mami shared with me and oh, it was so good! I even ate a green chile!
Afterward I was really sleepy and wanted a nap, so they took me home, 'cause I was passing out in Mami's arms. I can't wait to go back again. Next time, I wanna try one of those big cinnamon rolls!

No comments: