Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sparkles and wings


Sometimes, when people first meet me, they say I don't look much like a dog. Sometimes they say I'm a muppet, or a bat, or a lot of times, that I'm a gremlin. I guess I look a little different than most chihuahuas and poodles, and it comes across as slightly magical, especially with these big ears like wings.
That's alright with me, because some of my best friends are magical. I see fairies all the time, in the garden and sitting on the branches of the Hawthorne tree and sometimes peeking in through the windows on a sunny day.
Lulu sees them too, but sometimes she growls and barks at them. She doesn't like fairies because they are tricksters and would pull her tail as soon as look at her. But I think they're pretty funny.
There are gnomes too, they live in a stump in the back yard, and sometimes at night if you are looking outside at the right time you can see Brownies wander through on their way toward the dairy barns down the road.
I don't think Papi ever sees these things, at least, he doesn't say so. Sometimes, I catch Mami looking in the direction of a fairy, and although she doesn't point it out, I kind of think she sees it too, but I'm not sure.

No comments: