Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Crime of Passion


Mami always says when I'm quiet, she knows something is wrong.
But if it hadn't been for that blasted cat, I would have gotten away with my crime.
This morning, while Mami was getting dressed for work, I decided that I simply couldn't take it any more. A big plate of molasses cookies had been sitting on the coffee table ALL NIGHT LONG and I hadn't done a thing about it, but the smell was just getting to be too much for me. All those spices, they were calling my name, "Emmmmaaaaa."
So, I took a look around. There was no one else in the room. That's when I made my move. I hopped up towards the top of the table. Once, then twice, then three times. I think that was the moment Lulu walked in the room and caught me. Anyway, she was standing there, staring at me, and that's what Mami noticed first. The second thing she noticed was the crash I made when I hit the floor with the cookie in my mouth. The cookie was pretty heavy, and was about as big as my head, so it wasn't easy to haul off the plate.
But before I could barely even gum it, Mami was there in a flash, and scooped the cookie out of my mouth and gave me a pretty loud scolding that even woke Papi up. She threw the cookie out and put the dish in the kitchen.
I was pretty sad, but I blame Lulu for giving it away. She's no good as backup.

No comments: