Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sleeping In

Sleeping in isn't something I do very often. In fact, about 7 a.m. each morning, I get up, stretch out my toes, and go see what kind of trouble I can find.
Mami doesn't usually get up until 9 for work, which means I have a lot of time to find trouble before she wakes up. If I hear her wake up, or turn over in bed, I alert her to my presence by bouncing up and down on my hind feet as much as possible, right next to the bed. It's good exercise and it allows me to catch glimpses of her at the top of every bounce.
Usually, she growls and goes back to sleep, but sometimes, if I'm lucky, she'll pick me up and put me under the covers, and then I get to run down to her feet and curl up for a while. It's toasty under there.
If not, I go into the living room and start rooting around in the waste can. Usually I can find a tasty receipt or an old Kleenex, and then I set to work tearing it into tiny, tiny pieces. By the time Mami gets up, I've got the whole thing finished, and she has to sweep it up.
By the way, this is an old picture of me, back when I was just one pound. I'm six pounds now, and I fill up much more of my bed.

No comments: