Friday, April 14, 2006

The big march


Well, yesterday was pretty eventful. Mami drove me to where all the marchers were rallying, and we found Papi in the crowd. All the marchers were cooing over my little Si Se Puede vest Mami made, and I had my matching red collar on. I kept pulling hard on my lead and coughing because I was excited, so when we found Papi, he carried me.
Mami went home to do chores, and I stayed with Papi. We marched all the way through the city to the courthouse, and then Papi stood up in front of the crowd and gave a big speech. He talked through a bullhorn, which sounded funny, but I didn't mind, cause I was all snuggled up in his arms and I got to see all the hundreds of people gathered around. They really liked Papi's speech about Cesar Chavez and the farmworker marches, and they clapped a lot. Then, I got to run around on the courthouse lawn and eat grass, so tasty! Afterward, Mami picked us up and I got to go home and take a real long nap. Protesting is hard! But it's important too.

No comments: