Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My amazing rescue


I'm not normally allowed to bark. Mami and Papi are always making me be quiet, and in general, there's not a lot to bark at around here, unless say, my squeak gets stuck and I can't get it out from a corner or something.
So last night, when Mami found me barking at the chest of drawers, she was very confused. She didn't understand why I kept barking and growling and bouncing up and down. I tried to tell her again and again that I could hear Lulu was stuck inside, but Mami didn't understand.
You see, Lulu likes to climb into the drawers and sleep on Papi's t-shirts. But this time, when she climbed in, the drawer shut behind her, and she couldn't get out. But instead of being scared, she just fell asleep.
I could hear her breathing and smell her, but I couldn't see her, and that got me worried, so I began to bark. But since all the drawers were shut, Mami didn't know what was going on, until finally, Lulu gave one faint "mew." Then, Mami realized that maybe I was onto something.
One by one she pulled open the drawers until FINALLY she pulled the right one out, and saw Lulu was stuck like Pooh in the rabbit hole. So she pulled one of the drawers completely out and reached in and pulled Lulu up and out of the drawers.
Lulu was not happy to be woken up like that, but I suppose she would have been upset later when she got hungry and realized she couldn't get out.
Next time, Mami will listen when I tell her something's up!

No comments: