Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Yummmy!


Last night, for the very first time ever, I got a very, very special treat. It was something that Lulu told me about once, but it wasn't something I ever dreamed I'd get to try.
As part of Papi's birthday celebration, Mami made him his favorite meal, basil chicken and mashed potatoes, and after they were finished, and Mami put away the leftoevers, she gave me a spoonful of mashed potatoes!
At first, I wasn't sure what to do. They were so light and fluffy and filled with butter and cream, that it was like eating a piece of pillow stuffing (and I should know, I've snuck bits of that out of my stuffed elephant before). But this was better than any stuffing I've ever come across. It was pure heaven. I licked that spoon for ten minutes, even when it was gleaming and clean. Oh, it was so good! How can I go back to kibble after that?

No comments: