Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Feel the beat of the rhythm of the night

Last night, Papi went to his African drumming lessons, which he takes in the park across the street. Mami opened the living room window so I could hear the drums. They always make me dance a little bit, but if it gets too loud, I start to growl. On Wednesdays, a whole troupe of drummers plays in the park, and there are fire dancers too. I can see them out the window, or if we walk in the park around that time, I can feel the drumming in my toes. It makes me hop a little bit. Lulu doesn't like it at all. She stays away from the window when she hears it. But I think it's kind of nice. When Papi came home, his palms were calloused and red from the drumming, but he was pleased because he had learned new rhythms. Maybe he can drum for me some day and I can do my special choodle dance.

No comments: