Thursday, April 13, 2006

Si Se Puede!

I am so excited because today I am going on a march with my Papi. He and many other people are marching in support of immigration reform and against a bill in Congress that would make migrants without papers into felons. Papi works with many sons and daughters of immigrants, and he knows how important it is to protect the vulnerable, especially those who are already treated with such disrespect and have to work so hard and under such poor conditions to try and help their families.
Mami made me a white vest with "Si Se Puede" written on the back in big red letters. I don't like to wear it but Mami said it's importnant so ok! I will try and post a picture tomorrow!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Thanks, Emi! It was my first march, and there were 340 people, which is a lot for the little ol' town we live in. I was proud of all the students who came out to march with us. We're all trying to make a difference.
Con carino,
tu prima,
Emma